Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to visit Israel. This journey will be between July 4 and July 6. This visit of the Prime Minister will have effect on the relations between the two countries and not only in world politics. This will be the first Israeli visit of an Indian Prime Minister.
Know the important things about this tour
– This will be the first Israeli visit of an Indian Prime Minister. It is being claimed that PM Modi is being given preferential treatment like US President Donald Trump.
– This visit is very important in terms of defense relations. India and Israel are partners in the defense sector. It is expected that the relations between the two countries will be strengthened after this tour.
– Nearly 6,000 Jews living in India are expected to get minority status. India has a Jewish community in Delhi, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Gujarat and Kerala.
– Both countries have diplomatic relations since 1992. First India was considered to be close to Palestine. However, BJP has been considered to be a supporter of Israel. Not to mention the Palestine of PM, it is an indication that the relations with Israel will not be settled on the basis of relations with Palestine.
Relations with India and Israyl till now?
– India recognized Israel in 1950 but it was made between 1992 and 1992.
– In 1977, India had accelerated the practice of improving relations between the two countries, which Rajiv Gandhi carried forward while being the Prime Minister.
In 1992, Narasimha Rao started full political relations.
– For the first time in 2015, President Pranab Mukherjee visited Israel.
– Narendra Modi visited Israel in 2006, while being Chief Minister of Gujarat.
– PM Modi met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in September 2014.