At this time, Jhulan Goswami is the highest wicket-taking bowler in women’s cricket. At the same time, the highest run-making female batsman is also going to be an Indian. The name of this player is Mithali Raj.
If you see only a men’s cricket match, then you should also start watching women’s matches. The reason behind this is India’s spectacular performance in World Cup-2007. The way India is playing, it looks like India will easily enter the semifinals this time. You will be happy to know that at this moment, the highest wicket-taker in women’s cricket is Jhulan Goswami. At the same time, the highest run-making batsmen are also going to become Indian. The name of this player is Mithali Raj, who is also the captain of Team India. Mithali is just 34 runs away from forming this history. Let us talk about top-5 female batsmen who made you the highest runs :-
1) Charlotte Edward: The record of making the most runs in women’s cricket is currently in the name of this England female batsman. Charlotte has scored 5992 runs, not out of 23 appearances in 191 matches. During this time, she has scored 46 fifties, including 9 centuries. She also scored her best of 173(not out).
2) Mithali Raj: Indian team captain Mithali Raj has consistently scored seven consecutive half-centuries. This player has scored 5959 runs in 161 innings of 181 one-day internationals, being not out 47 times. During this period her best score was 114 (not out). Mithali has scored 48 half-centuries and 5 hundreds at an average of 51.81. Career: 1997- 2016.
3) Belinda Clark: Australia’s female batsman, Belinda, scored 4844 runs in 114 innings of 118 matches, not 12 times during 1991-2005. Her best score was 229 (not out) during this period. She is also the best batsman to score individually. Belinda has scored 5 centuries and 30 half-centuries, at an average of 47.49
4) Karen Rolton: The Australian cricketer Karen’s career was between 1995-2009. During this period, she scored 4814 runs in 141 matches at an average of 48.14. Karen has scored 33 half centuries including 8 centuries. Her highest score was 145 not out.
5) Claire Taylor: England’s former wicketkeeper, Claire, started her one-day career in 1998, when she said goodbye to the cricket world in 2011. During this time, she played 126 matches, in which 120 of her innings, Clary scored 4104 in 18 innings. During this time, she also scored 23 half centuries, including 8 centuries. Best Score – 156 (not out).